|Adelaida Gonzalez Hernandez|
Adelaida Gonzalez Hernandez on her 110th birthday.
|Birth:||13 April 1907|
Las Veguillas, Salamanca, Castile and Leon, Spain
|Death:||23 June 2018|
San Pedro de Rozados, Salamanca, Castile and Leon, Spain
|Age:||111 years, 71 days|
Adelaida Gonzalez Hernandez was born on 13 April 1907 in Las Veguillas, Salamanca, Spain. Her mother died of the Spanish Flu in 1915. During the Spanish Flu Epidemic of 1918, Adelaida lost her father.
Adelaida later married and had three children: Adela, Rosario and Asuncion. Her husband died in 1967. During her adulthood, she was a member of the Cristo de Cabrera and the Virgen del Cueto.
Adelaida took very little medication during her life. Up until she was 105, she would go for a brisk walk in the streets of San Pedro de Rozados regularly. In 2013, aged 106, Adelaida lost her hearing and also became wheelchair-bound after an infection.
As of her 109th birthday, Adelaida liked to listen to the radio and talk about the day’s news with her family. As of her 110th birthday, she had six grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. She loved to play with her youngest great-grandson, Jose Manuel, who was born in July 2014.
Adelaida Gonzalez Hernandez died in San Pedro de Rozados, Salamanca, Castile and Leon, Spain on 23 June 2018 at the age of 111 years, 71 days.
- La abuela del Campo Charro cumple 107 años La Gaceta de Salamanca
- Adelaida González, abuela del Campo Charro y la provincia con 108 años La Gaceta de Salamanca
- La 'abuela' de la provincia alcanza los 109 años La Gaceta de Salamanca
- Adelaida Hernández cumple110 años, la más longeva del Campo Charro Salamanca RTV al Día
- Fallece a los 111 años Adelaida Hernández, la mujer más longeva de Castilla y León Salamanca 24 horas, 23 June 2018
- Fallece a los 111 años Adelaida Hernández, la salmantina que era la 'abuela' de Castilla y León La Gaceta de salamanca, 23 June 2018