Anna Medwenitsch on her 110th birthday.
|Birth:||17 March 1907|
Hof am Leithaberge, Austria
|Death:||1 April 2018|
|Age:||111 years, 15 days|
Anna Medwenitsch was born in Hof am Leithaberge on 17 March 1907, as a daughter of a farmer family. She had to work on her grandfather's farm at the age of 7, when her grandmother passed away. She married her husband Martin and had two children with him. Her first child died at just eleven months. Her second child, a daughter Marianne, died at the age of 56. Medwenitsch worked her entire life on a family farm.
Medwenitsch was a member of Burgenland Croat ethnic group, an ethnic minority in Burgenland, Austria. However, she no longer spoke Croatian and only remembered some Croatian children's songs from her youth. Medwenitsch lived in her house in Hof am Leithaberge until she, at 105, broke her hip and moved in a retirement home in Bruck an der Leitha in 2012. On 17 March 2018, she celebrated her 111th birthday. At that time, she had a granddaughter and two great-grandchildren.
Medwenitsch died in a retirement home Marienheim in Bruck an der Leitha on 1 April 2018 at the age of 111 years, 15 days.
- Happy Birthday! "Ich feiere 110. Geburtstag" Heute, 17 March 2017
- Anna Medwenitsch feierte ihren 110. Geburtstag in Bruck meinbezirk.at, 18 March 2017
- Älteste Frau Österreichs - Anna Medwenitsch feierte ihren 111. Geburtstag NÖN, 17 March 2018
- Älteste Frau Österreichs feiert 111. Geburtstag ORF, 17 March 2018
- Älteste Österreicherin verstorben OE24, 2 April 2018