|Birth:||15 October 1900|
|Death:||21 December 2014|
|Age:||114 years, 67 days|
Anna Martha Stoehr (née Rott; 15 October 1900 – 21 December 2014) was a validated American supercentenarian, who was noted for being the second-oldest social media user before her death at the age of 114.
Born in Iowa, she attended eight grades in country school, and moved with her family first to Wisconsin, then to South Dakota, and in 1919 to Minnesota, where she lived for the rest of her life. After a courtship of four to five years, she married Ernest Stoehr, who remained her husband until his death in 1998 at the age of 97. They bought a farm in 1941. She described her life on the farm as "a lot of work to do, sun up to sun down. Had a garden and milked cows, had chickens, canned everything. That's how we fed the family."
She lived independently until April 2013, when she moved into an assisted living home.
In the last year of her life she registered a Facebook account, but could not register with a birth year before 1905. To create the account she was obliged to state an age of 99. She complained to the social media website, and they sent her 114 flowers for her 114th birthday.
After a few days of hospice care, she died on 21 December 2014 at the age of 114 years, 67 days. According to the Gerontology Research Group, she was the oldest person living in Minnesota, the seventh oldest in the United States, and the thirteenth oldest in the world.
- ↑ GRG World Supercentenarian Rankings List Gerontology Research Group
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 114-year-old woman who challenged Facebook age policy dies Associated Press. 23 December 2014
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Anna Stoehr - 113 years of Herstory, Rochester Women Magazine
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 At 113, Minnesota woman lies about her age to join Facebook Minnesota Public Radio. 14 October 2014
- ↑ Minnesota woman, believed to be oldest Facebook user, dies aged 114 CNN. 20 January 2015