Anna Swenson in 1970.
|Birth:||5 October 1860|
Eidfjord, Ulvik, Norway
|Death:||18 June 1971|
Hannaford, North Dakota, USA
|Age:||110 years, 256 days|
Anna Swenson (née Varberg; 5 October 1860 – 18 June 1971) was a Norwegian-American supercentenarian claimant, currently unverified.
Anna Swenson was born in Eidfjord, Ulvik, Hordaland, Vestlandet, Norway, as Anna T. Varberg. Her parents were Thormod Ommundsen and Gunvor (Sjursdatter) Varberg.
She emigrated to United States in 1881. She was married to an active politician, Nicolai Swenson, who was also a Norwegian emigrant. The couple lived in a farm in Hannaford, North Dakota, and had seven children in total. One of them, Gladys Stowman, lived to be 105 years old. Nicolai died of tuberculosis in 1918 at the age of 63.
On Swenson’s 108th birthday, it was reported that she resided in a nursing home and was wheelchaired. She died on 18 June 1971, at the age of 110 years, 256 days.
- Youngstown Vindicator, October 5, 1968
- Times-Record, January 23, 2006 [dead link]
- Nicolai Swenson • Swenson, Nicoloai Web Family Tree
Nicolai Swenson Find A Grave
- Anna Swenson Find A Grave
- SAB, Ulvik Sokneprestembete, H/Haa: Parish register (official) no. A 13, 1853-1863, p. 76 Birth registration &
SAB, Ullensvang Sokneprestembete, H/Hab: Parish register (copy) no. C 1, 1855-1871, p. 19 Birth registration