Betsy Baker at the age of 113.
|Birth:||20 August 1842|
|Death:||24 October 1955|
Tecumseh, Nebraska, USA
|Age:||113 years, 65 days|
Betsy Ann Baker (née Russell; 20 August 1842 - 24 October 1955) was a validated British-American supercentenarian.
Betsy Baker was born in the United Kingdom on 20 August 1842. She was the oldest verified living person in the world when she died in the state of Nebraska on 24 October 1955 aged 113 years, 65 days; she was the second-oldest person ever at the time. She was also, after Delina Filkins, the second person to reach the age of 113. Upon her death, Jennie Howell became the world's oldest person. She was the daughter of Martha Russell (1806-1881). She married Tyler Curtis Baker (1833-1921) in 1866 and had five children with him, of which three survived her. One of them, Florence (1872-1968), lived to be 95 years old.
- Gerontology Research Group
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 21, 1941
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 21, 1942
- Lincoln Nebraska State Journal, August 20, 1944
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 22, 1948
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 17, 1949
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 20, 1950
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 22, 1951
- Beatrice Daily Sun, April 21, 1952
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 20, 1953
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 19, 1954
- Beatrice Daily Sun, October 11, 1955
- Danville Bee, October 25, 1955