|Elizabeth Gathoni Koinange|
Banana, Kiambu, Kenya
|Death:||9 November 2017|
Kiambaa, Kiambu, Kenya
Elizabeth Gathoni Koinange (April 1900? – 9 November 2017) was a Kenyan claimant to age 117. She was famous before old age as one (fifth) of the (six) wives of an important pre-independence Kenyan Kikuyu chief, Koinange wa Mbiyu (1865–1960).
A 1 March 2013 tabloid article in the UK listed her as "112". The upcoming BBC documentary alludes that her date of birth may be in April.
- Award of orders, decorations and medals 17.10.2011
- Metro Advertiser, 001, March 2013
- This is where Jomo used to hold secret meetings - Mama Gathoni Koinange Metro Advertiser
- Story of my great grandmother, one of the oldest living people in the world DailyO, 05-04-2017
- At 117, colonial-era chief Koinange’s widow Elizabeth Gathoni is full of life Daily Nation, 16 April 2017
- Elizabeth Gathoni, widow of Chief Koinange, dies at 117 Daily Nation, 10 Nov 2017
- ELIZABETH GATHONI KOINANGE 1900 - 2017, memorial Forever missed