Emma Otis at the age of 111
|Birth:||22 October 1901|
Lawson, King, Washington, USA
|Death:||25 October 2015|
Poulsbo, Washington, USA
|Age:||114 years, 3 days|
Emma Gustava Otis (née Erikson, 22 October 1901 - 25 October 2015) was an verified American supercentenarian, who at the time of her death was the second-oldest living person in the United States and overall the tenth oldest in the world. She is also the oldest person ever from the US state of Washington.
Otis remained active well into her 90s. She reportedly climbed the roof of her house at age 100, to remove moss. Otis also holds the distinction of being the oldest member of the Girl Scouts of America.
At the time of her death, she resided at Liberty Shores Harbor House, in Poulsbo, Washington.
Otis died 3 days after her 114th birthday, in October 2015.
- ↑ Current Validated Living Supercentenarians Gerontology Research Group
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Photo Gallery for Supercentenarians born in the year 1901 Gerontology Research Group
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Want to live to be 112? Here’s how you do it North Kitsap Herald
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Poulsbo Woman celebrates 110th birthday Kitsap Sun. 20 October 2011
- ↑ A big 112th birthday party for Washington's oldest resident KING 5 News
- ↑ State's oldest resident dies in Poulsbo at 114 Kitsap Sun. 26 October 2015