|Birth:||26 March 1909|
|Death:||22 February 2017|
|Age:||107 years, 333 days|
Georg Olafsson (26 March 1909 – 22 February 2017) was an Icelandic centenarian who was the oldest man to ever live in Iceland and also the first man from Iceland to live to the age of both 106, and 107.
Georg Breiðfjörð Ólafsson was born in Dalasysla, Iceland on 26 March 1909, to parents Olafur Sturlaugsson and Agusta Sigurdardottir. Olafsson married Thorbjorg Juliusdottir, and the couple had three sons. His wife passed away in 1994.
As of March 2015, he lived in a home for the elderly in Stykkisholmur, West Iceland, where his 100 year old brother Eyjolfur also resides. When interviewed in January 2016, he claimed he did not have the faintest clue about the secret to his longevity.
He became the oldest man ever from Iceland on 11 March 2015, at the age of 105 years, 346 days, when he broke the record of Helgi Simonarson. He was the oldest living person in Iceland since the death of Gudridur Gudbrandsdottir on 25 June 2015.
Georg died on 22 February 2017 at the age of 107 years, 333 days.
- ↑ Georg Breiðfjörð Ólafsson er 106 ára í dag stykkisholmur.is. 26 March 2015
- ↑ Georg Breiðfjörð Ólafsson er við góða heilsu: Elsti karlmaðurinn frá upphafi 107 ára í dag mbl.is
- ↑ Elsti karl Íslands 105 ára í dag Vísir. 26 March 2014
- ↑ Man Breaks Age Record in Iceland Icelandic Review. 11 March 2015
- ↑ Iceland's oldest man interviewed by Men's Health magazine Iceland Magazine. 11 January 2016
- ↑ Andlát – Georg Breiðfjörð Ólafsson Skessuhorn 23 February 2017