Helvi Karki at the age of 110.
|Birth:||7 December 1906|
Erajarvi, Pirkanmaa, Finland
|Death:||23 January 2017|
Hameenlinna, Tavastia Proper, Finland
|Age:||110 years, 47 days|
Helvi Karki [Finnish: Kärki] (7 December 1906 – 23 January 2017) was a Finnish supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She was the oldest known person in Finland when she died.
Helvi Kaarina Karki was born on 7 December 1906 in Erajarvi, Pirkanmaa, Finland. She never married nor had children. Religion was very important to her throughout her life. She became the oldest person in Finland on 12 April 2015, then aged 108, following the death of 111-year-old Selma Tuominen.
Helvi Karki passed away on 23 January 2017 in Hameenlinna, Tavastia Proper, Finland, at the age of 110 years, 47 days. She was succeeded as Finland's oldest person by then-108-year-old Helfrid Eriksson.
- Suomen vanhimmat ihmiset Tuomas Salste
- Kuolinilmoitus, Hämeen Sanomat 12.2.2017, s. A8
- HS: Suomen vanhin ihminen on kuollut Ilta Sanomat
- HS: Suomen vanhin ihminen kuoli 110-vuotiaana MTV Uutiset
- HS tapasi Suomen vanhimman ihmisen – Helvi Kärki, 110, selvisi espanjantaudista ja piilotteli sisällissodan aikaan kotitalonsa alla Helsingin Sanomat
- Suomen vanhin ihminen Helvi Kärki kuoli 110 vuoden iässä Helsingin Sanomat
|Finland's Oldest Living Person Titleholders (V • E)|