Margaret Fish in her supercentenarian years.
|Birth:||7 March 1899|
Tower Hamlets, England, UK
|Death:||12 March 2011|
Wilstead, England, UK
|Age:||112 years, 5 days|
Margaret Fish (née Willetts; 7 March 1899 – 12 March 2011) was a verified British supercentenarian who was the oldest person in the United Kingdom from the death of 111 year-old Elsie Steele on 18 October 2010 until her own death on 12 March 2011, aged 112 years, 5 days.
Margaret Ethel Willetts was born in Tower Hamlets, England, and married Frank Fish, a World War I veteran, in 1928. Frank died in 1987 at the age of 89. She had two daughters, Barbara and Elsie; several grandchildren, and a great-grandchild. She was a dressmaker and lived independently until the age of 104. Later, she moved to live with her 71-year-old daughter Barbara for two years, and then she moved in to Danecroft Nursing Home in Wilstead, England.
Fish enjoyed watching television and having a good meal. When asked about her secret to longevity she said to "not worry about it" and that there is no secret. She died in her nursing home on 12 March 2011, five days after her 112th birthday.
- ↑ Table A - Verified Supercentenarians (Listed Chronologically By Birth Date) GRG
- ↑ Margaret Ethel Fish : Obituary nnouncements
- ↑ Margaret is leading lady Bedfordshire on Sunday
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Happy 110th birthday! Biggleswade Today
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Supercentenarian celebrates big birthday Bedfordshire on Sunday
- ↑ Margaret, 112, the oldest person in Britain, has died Bedfordshire on Sunday