Rosalie Esposito with her daughter Dolores Uphoff on her 110th birthday.
Rosalie "Rosie" Esposito (11 February 1907 – 2 May 2018) was an American supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She was one of the oldest people in Pennsylvania.
Rosalie Esposito was born on 11 February 1907 in Ansonia, Connecticut, USA. Her parents were Sicilian immigrants. Rosalie and her family moved to the New Haven area during her teenage years. She later married Joseph Esposito and had a daughter, Dolores, and a son, Paul.
Rosalie spent many years employed as a tailor in stores near Yale University in New Haven, CT., which included Fein and Feinstein and Ensons; she was a former Brownie and Girl Scout Leader. Reportedly, she loved to attend operas and Broadway Shows. Singing and dancing were hobbies of hers, but sewing was her passion. Rosalie and family moved to East Haven, Ct., where she and her husband Joe became active members of St. Vincent de Paul’s Catholic Church where Rosalie became a Columbiette and member of the Women’s Guild.
Rosalie lived on her own in Connecticut until she was 100, when she moved to Bucks County, Pennsylvania to be closer to her daughter, Dolores Uphoff. On her 108th birthday, she said her secret to longevity was faith, family and eating well and in moderation.
Rosalie Esposito lived in Pickering Manor, Newtown, Pennsylvania, USA. She died on 2 May 2018 at the age of 111 years, 80 days.
- Bucks County Woman Celebrates 108th Birthday CBS Philly
- On 109th birthday, Bucks County woman celebrates with cake Philly Voice
- Pickering Manor celebrates resident's 110th birthday in Newtown Township The Intell
- Pickering Manor resident celebrates her 110th birthday Bucks County Courier Times
- Pickering Manor Resident Rosalie Esposito Turns 111! Times Publishing Newspapers Inc.