Vi Malin at the age of 110.
|Birth:||23 March 1906|
Ipswich, Suffolk, England, UK
|Death:||18 September 2017|
King's Lynn, Norfolk, England, UK
|Age:||111 years, 179 days|
Frances Violet "Vi" Malin (née Lloyd; 23 March 1906 – 18 September 2017) was an English supercentenarian who is currently unverified. She was one of the oldest living people in the United Kingdom and the oldest living person in the English county of Norfolk.
Frances Violet Lloyd was born in Ipswich, England, to George and Hannah Lloyd. At a young age, her family moved to Sheffield, England, where her father worked as a pub landlord. At the age of 14, she got a job in the steelworks, making cutlery for the armed forces. She met her husband Jack when she was 18, and they got married in 1931. The couple had no children.
During the Second World War, she had to sleep in a school because her home had been bombed out. While her husband was at war, she worked in a shoe shop and was a debt collector. Her parents were killed in the 1953 North Sea Floods that hit their home in King's Lynn.
Malin was a supporter of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, and enjoyed crochet, opera, and travelling. She went on an aeroplane for the first time at the age of 87. Her husband died in 1993.
At the time of her 109th birthday in March 2015, Malin was living in Hersham, Surrey, England, but by the time of her 110th birthday in March 2016, she was living in King's Lynn, Norfolk, England. She became the oldest living resident of Norfolk following the death of Mary Snelling on 4 April 2016.
Malin died on 18 September 2017 at the age of 111 years, 179 days.
- ↑ Living people aged 107+ Oldest in Britain
- ↑ Happy 109th Birthday, Vi! Crown Simmons, 23 March 2015
- ↑ Happy 110th birthday to Lynn woman Vi Lynn News, 24 March 2016
- ↑ King’s Lynn woman celebrates 110th birthday Eastern Daily Press, 24 March 2016
- ↑ Norfolk woman Vi Malin has lived through two world wars, 25 Prime Ministers, five monarchs and just one World Cup victory Eastern Daily Press, 23 March 2017
- ↑ Frances Malin Obituary Lynn News, 22 September 2017